Fifty Things to do before 50

Fifty Things to do before 50

I wrote this just after my 40th birthday. I’ll do a separate blog about my progress.

I have often pondered about what it would be like to do this or to do that. Now I’m thinking, why not? After all, we only have one life to live so why not live it to the max! Here’s a list of things I’d love to do before I get to the big 50. By the way, I’ve got under ten years to accomplish this.

 

Become a Secondary School Teacher

Lose 5 stones

Ride a bicycle

Go on a Caribbean Cruise

Fly to Australia

Start a PHD programme

Visit a tropical country at least three times a year

Complete my autobiography and have it published

Write an Anthology

Improve my baking skills

Sell my flat and buy a house

Do some paid work abroad

Learn Portuguese

See the Northern Lights

Do Afternoon Tea

Visit Disney World

Visit the Pyramids in Egypt

Swim with Dolphins

Visit St. Lucia

Read 100 books in a year

Write a will

Go glamping

Start to pay towards my Student Loan debt

Stay in an all-inclusive hotel by myself

Spend a week by a lake

Make a Jamaican Spice bun

Make a new life-long friend

Get acupuncture

Climb to the top of Dunns River Falls

Write a sermonette

Get a stand-by flight to anywhere

Obtain a 1st Class Degree

Learn a new instrument

Attend a reunion

Fly in a helicopter

Evangelise on the streets

Travel to Paris by train

Fly to Ireland

Try Yoga

Do a blog of my achievements or failures

Plant something and watch it grow

Donate blood

Sit in a lecture I’m not registered in

Buy a brand new laptop

Become a qualified First Aid Trainer

Have a pool party for my children

Send my parents on a cruise (separately of course)

Learn to do normal cornrows

De-clutter stuff…

Visit the Wailing Wall


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Class - Never Too Late to Study

Friendship - Circles

Jump Pass Our Past