Friendship - Circles

Friendship - Circles

    They say there is such a thing as a friendship circle.  Hmm. Some say that you tend to change friends after 7 years, if you've made it past this then you have a friend for life. So what do I think?  I've had friends for over 7 years then it all went pear shaped.

    On this whole circle business, having people in or out of your circle, I don't quite agree with that. You see, friendships aren't about what goes around comes around. There are moments when you place your friend on the outskirts then pull them back in so it's more of a tug-of-war concept. Sometimes the rope breaks and can't be mended.

    Ideally, we'd all love to have a friend or friends for life. Someone who 'gets' you. I've had 'friends' who's abandoned me in my times of crisis and there were others who can only remember me when they were in need or want because I could help. If at the time I had considered them to be my inner circle friend then they are shoved out but the question is, if I consider them to be my inner circle friend would they have considered me to be the same? What is the requirement for inner circle? Do we both have to share the same sentiment? I mean, can one be one's inner and the other consider you to be an outer? Who makes these things up!

    Bottom line is, I have friends that I share more intimate details with and who would constantly be on mind because I care so deeply about them.  Then there are the friends that I infrequently contact and vice versa but still would have a bond with. And of course, there are the associates. Now that's another level. I wouldn't consider myself having enemies, after all, if someone says 'I don't like her', that's fine with me. I will say, 'I don't like your attitude', I don't know enough about someone to say I hate them because their attitude is what's being projected and that projection is a consequence of an underlying issue. Get past that barrier and the person perhaps could be lovely. Face value!

Comments

  1. This is so true. I have a friend now for 16 years. We don't call each other best friends but we understand each other to the point where our "attitudes" don't affect our relationship. I think this is so as we have established a level of respect for each other. Most times we agree to disagree but never an argument. Additionally I've met other people during said 16 yr. friendship and beyond and there is no comparison. The more you know the more you grow and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Class - Never Too Late to Study

Jump Pass Our Past